It’s been a while since my last blog post so I thought I would update you what I have been up to in the last 2 months:
1. A golf trip to New Zealand with some buddies. Played Kuri Cliffs, Cape Kidnappers and The Hills. I am a member of the Hills in Queenstown. A BIG week was had by all. Lot of fun. I even won the 110 year old Putter for the most birdies of the week. Won the cash as well
2. Xmas was spent with family in Dubbo. It was a driving trip with my wife driving (I have temporily lost my license due to speeding multiple times) 2,500 KMs. Great trip and a lot of fun
3. Wrote a book. My first book was written over the summer – finished it last week. It’s all about the accounting profession and will be on sale from Feb 21. Title “Accounting Practices Don’t Add Up” – why they don’t and what to do about it.
4. Had a family holiday in Bali. Spent 2 weeks in Seminyak, Bali. A lot of relaxing, shopping & eating. Rode an Elephant, cycled down a mountain and fed wild monkeys. Very cool trip
5. Released an industry wide benchmark report. We had 373 firms contribute their financial performance to the report. It was released last Thursday and already over 13,000 downloads. It’s a good read.
6. Had a 2 day planning session with my managers and set the strategic direction for the next 10 years. Broke the plan down to 3 year, 1 year and quarterly KPIs and priorities. Have rolled it out to the team and they all have their own individual KPIs and priorities this quarter.
So a busy couple of months!