Accountants hold the status (without even trying) of ‘trusted advisor’. By virtue of training and a certificate on the wall we trust you. We trust you to be impartial, accurate, non judgmental, and non biased. We put our family and business affairs in the guidance of you and we are very loyal to you. We trust that you are giving us the right advice.
So if we trust you to guide us then it is my hope that you are more ‘sorted’ than we (your clients) are. Otherwise how could we trust your advice? If you are advising businesses and individuals on what they should be doing then I sure as well hope that you are doing them as well – and doing them better than us!
Some questions to ask yourself (Accountants) as you advise your clients:
- Are all of your partners wealthy?
- Do you have all of your financials up to date?
- Are your wills, estate planning and insurances up to date?
- Do you have any outstanding issues with the taxation department?
- Do you have a budget and a cashflow plan?
- Do you have a marketing plan that works?
- Do you have a client nurturing program?
- Do you have a sales program?
- Are your stock levels (WIP) under control?
- Are your accounts receivable levels (debtors) under control?
- Is your team working well together?
- Do you have great facilities and superb logistical (workflow) management?
- Are your profit levels above the highest quartile in your industry?
You see, the trusted advisory business should be running a better business than those that they advise. Not bigger, not more profitable. But better!
You want to advise us on wide range of issues and opportunities. Who is advising you? If you are advising others then isn’t hypocritical not to be advised and coached yourself?
To be able to coach a client and give proper advice you (and your firm) needs to be coached as well. Our groundbreaking coachingclub program will help you get sorted, get your firm on the right track, provide the tools and training to your people and it will also show you how to take value added (advice based) services to your clients.
We’re here to guide you to your success. Make an enquiry today.