Aussie Accountants: Another financial year is over. Another begins. How was your year? If not great then what are you going to do differently? Same same = same same.
Some things you may want to consider to make this one a cracker:
- Ditch all charge rates and go to $1 per unit/hour – it’ll force you to think of value not rate and price up front
- Contact every client and do a free TRUST assessment – the value add and the work you get will be enourmous
- Visit every single client you want to keep in a systematic way in a 100 day period – asking questions not giving advice
- Invent 3 new products (with branded labels) that will add value to your clients
- Build your prospective database – add a zero onto the one you already have
- Clean up your database by employing a telemarketer from the Philippines to get on the phone
- Hire an “Odesker” or “Elancer” or “Freelancer” to do some marketing work (www.odesk.com, www.elance.com, www.freelancer.com)
- Buy an accounting firm and boost your fees – most banks will lend 60% of your current revenue for acquisitions
- Get your firm ‘on the cloud’ – either private cloud or full cloud so you can be more efficient
- Create a community in your client base – get them talking to each other and helping each other out
- Train all of you client facing team members in sales – includes the partners
- Investigate and make a decision on your people resourcing for the future by getting involved in outsourcing or offshoring
- Re-invent your brand if not done so in the past 3 years
Lastly. Stop moaning (aka blaming) about the economy, the tax office, your clients and your people. As my Accountant says – the fish rots from the head down. Take a good hard look at yourself and decide how you can change. If you want to build a better business you must first become a better business person.
I have 8 regional seminars left on the Remaining Relevant seminar tour. It’ll about the above and much more. Check it out here – final cities starting July 14 ending July 31. So far 1,572 registered or attended. Must attend seminar for lasting results.