To be a success in the Accounting profession you need to focus on increasing the average project fee per client. Not the total fee but for each transaction how much margin do you realise.
Here are 11 points to implement to increase the value of each project – without increasing the labour component.
- Realise and believe your services are worth more
- Find the courage to charge more
- Increase all prices immediately
- Offer additional services at the time of buying
- Have a standard menu of services and price list
- Price in advance not arrears
- Articulate the value of each project eloquently
- Get rid of low margin services and low margin clients
- Improve your language and sales skills
- Target more profitable clients & services
- Use value based fees – not time X rate!