Most Accounting firms do not plan to be a major success from the outset. It seems business just happens and over the years you end up with a collection of…
- Clients who are mis-match to who you really love working with
- Systems that are done differently by each person in the firm
- Pricing mechanisms that are all over the place
- Services that are at best a grudge purchase – aka compliance services
- No rules – on how you work with clients – they seem to control things
- People who are plodders and not high achievers
- Income streams that are not conducive with what you need to live a fulfilling lifestyle.
The good news you can change this – or if you are starting out you can change this from the outset. If you are prepared to treat your business like a how you progress on a set of monkey bars (clue LET GO) then you will have a big chance of success. As my friend Michael Sheargold says “A breakthrough often happens after a breakwith”.
Maybe you need to let go of some old habits, methods, people, clients, systems to be a big success. When you re-design your future think of these critical parts:
- What rules do you want your clients to play by – remembering it is your business not theirs
- What client types / classification do you want to serve?
- What geographical locations do you want to serve?
- What services do you want to deliver?
- What service delivery model do you want to follow?
- What pricing formula do you want to use?
It’s your business life and your risk that you are taking. You decide.