Recently a number of accounting firms have been telling us that they will run out of work this year. This is a good thing. So that you can fill the capacity you should do this with every client on every job – every year.
When you are doing the work for the client have your Accountants (or you) answer these 5 questions about the job they are working on:
1. What ideas do you have to help this client grow revenue or wealth?
2. What ideas do you have to help this client increase their profit?
3. What ideas do you have to help this client understand and improve their cashflow?
4. What ideas do you have to help this client protect their assets?
5. What ides do you have to help this client with succession planning or selling their business?
Add these 5 questions to your reveiw process, train your accountants what to look for, come up with some ideas and then take the ideas to every client. I did this exercise last week with a group of accountants (they brought 15 random client files to the training) and everyone of them (teams of 3) came up with ideas that once implemented would:
A) Get a great result for the client
B) Increase the average fee per client by about 50%
Think about your clients when doing the work – and then take the ideas to the client.
If that fails then ask every existing client for a referral.